A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 13 October 2014

[Singapore's] Jeanette Aw, Elvin Ng and Desmond Tan mobbed by fans in Cambodia

The Singapore celebrities were visiting the country to promote the blockbuster drama The Journey: A Voyage.

SINGAPORE: Homegrown artistes have seen their popularity in Cambodia grow as Singapore productions gain more fans in the Cambodian market, and air on networks like Cambodian Television Network (CTN) as well as Phnom Penh Cable Television (PPCTV). Actors Elvin Ng, Desmond Tan and actress Jeanette Aw got first-hand evidence of this when they got mobbed in Cambodia on Friday (Oct 10) when promoting blockbuster drama The Journey: A Voyage.
The trio signed autographs and posed for photos with their fans before making their way to a media conference for the drama.

“I’m really glad to receive this ever-increasing love from my Cambodian fans. This is my third time in Cambodia promoting a Singaporean show. At first, it was very new to me, but now, we (he and his Cambodian fans) have quickly grown closer and understand each other more," Ng told channelnewsasia.com. "There is even a Cambodian branch of my fan club here, Elvinology Cambodia. It feels as though promoting in Cambodia has now become a routine part of my work.”

Tan was particularly impressed by the warm welcome they received in Cambodia, as it was his first trip to the country to promote a show. “The people here are very warm-hearted. I saw a lot of fans welcoming us when we arrived at the airport. It feels great to know our shows are well-received here. Jeanette and Elvin are really popular in Cambodia, so it’s good to be able to bask in their reflected glory!” he said.
“What really surprised me is I actually have a fan club here. I’m really grateful and I feel honoured to be in Cambodia. I hope to come back more often and meet the fans of our local productions,” he added. 
Aw also shared her appreciation of her Cambodian fans. “The locals have been so welcoming and warm,” said the actress, adding that Tan and Ng made it a very enjoyable trip for her. “The guys help with my luggage and take care of me when I’m wearing heels. They are so gentlemanly, so it’s a pleasure going on work trips with them.”
Apart from the media conference, Aw and her fellow artistes attended a special fan meeting before bidding their fans farewell. Almost all of Channel 8's prime-time dramas, including hits like The Journey: A Voyage and The Dream Makers, are shown in Cambodia, but it is relatively rare for Singapore artistes to visit Cambodia to promote these dramas.

No comments: