A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Tuesday 3 January 2012

In memory of Ron Abney


January 3, 2012

IN MEMORY OF RON ABNEY (1941-31.12. 2011)

On December 31, 2011 I lost a dear friend, a comrade who was like a brother to me. Yes, we used to call each other “Brother”. I last met my American brother in May 2011 in Valdosta, Georgia, his home state. We only talked about Cambodia.

Ron Abney was loved and respected by countless Cambodians. He helped train scores of freedom fighters and justice lovers in this country and many other parts of the world. He was highly dedicated, generous and brave. He nearly died with me in a deadly grenade attack in Phnom Penh on March 30, 1997. He was seriously wounded in the attack. The criminal lawsuit we have filed against Prime Minister Hun Sen and his bodyguards is still pending at a court of justice in New York. His passing only increases my determination to find justice for all victims of political violence in Cambodia and to put an end to impunity in this country.

Ron’s spirit and principles will continue to guide me.

Sam Rainsy

No comments: